Director of Children’s Ministry (Part Time Position)
Peters Creek Evangelical Presbyterian Church
The Director of Children’s Ministry at Peters Creek Evangelical Presbyterian Church (PCEPC) is directly responsible for leading the children’s ministry (Nursery through Sixth grade) and the staff and volunteers who support this ministry. This is a part-time position ranging from twenty to twenty-five hours per week to include working evenings and weekends. PCEPC’s children’s ministry is aligned with the PCEPC and Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC) beliefs, vision and mission to foster an environment where children feel safe and welcome as they develop their personal relationship with God and His son Jesus Christ. Interested candidates are encouraged to review this link for additional information: Peters Creek Evangelical Presbyterian Church | Who We Are and What We (peterscreekchurch.org)
Interested candidates may apply for this position by emailing Next Gen Team Member Andy Hromoko at Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org and submitting a resume as well as a statement of faith that includes a paragraph answering the question: “Why are you a great match for this role?”
Deadline to submit is June 15, 2023
Entire Position Description & Qualifications are listed below:
Mission Statement: Saved by grace alone, through Christ alone, we love God, love others and share the Gospel!
Position Title: Director of Children's Ministry
Position Description Summary:
The Director of Children’s Ministry at Peters Creek Evangelical Presbyterian Church (PCEPC) is directly responsible for leading the children’s ministry (Nursery through Sixth grade) and the staff and volunteers who support this ministry. PCEPC’s children’s ministry is aligned with the PCEPC and Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC) beliefs, vision and mission to foster an environment where children feel safe and welcome as they develop their personal relationship with God and His son Jesus Christ. Peters Creek Evangelical Presbyterian Church | Who We Are and What We (peterscreekchurch.org)
- To develop a vision for the Children's Ministry program that aligns itself with the greater vision and confessional standards of the PCEPC and EPC.
- To develop a strategic plan for accomplishing that vision and submit it to the designated individuals and committees for approval.
- To gather and manage resources needed to accomplish approved vision, including:
- Coordinate, develop and implement Bible-based curriculum for children’s ministry to include: Children’s Sunday school, Children’s Church, Fifth Sunday program, Christmas Eve program, Vacation Bible School, etc.
- Teach, recruit and supervise appropriate staff/volunteers to lead classes and events
- Develop and implement periodic outreach initiatives for children and their families
- Utilize effective modes of communication including email, Church website, social media, mailings, etc. to inform and engage families regarding programs, special events and opportunities to participate in the children’s ministry.
- Develop and implement a plan for whole-family discipleship; to equip families and empower parents to disciple their children
- Develop and administer the annual children’s ministry budget
- Coordinate and arrange staffing for nursery and preschool during worship services and church-wide events
- Recruiting, training, and managing a volunteer (Next Gen) leadership team.
- Ensure all applicable staff and volunteers who regularly are involved with leadership/ministry to the children have the proper clearances. The Director will oversee Ministry Safe training to applicable staff/volunteers as well as the collection/monitoring of clearances
- Liaison with designated individuals and committees, such as the Youth Director, Next GEN Team, Session, Senior Minister to attain support, guidance, and authority to complete the responsibilities mentioned above.
- Establish and maintain a visible presence with members of the church congregation and leadership, including regular participation at Sunday worship services, church activities, committee meetings, staff meetings, session meetings, and other required events.
- Vibrant and growing personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ
- Collaborative, servant leader with a passion for growing God’s Kingdom through PCEPC Children’s Ministry
- Outgoing, organized, energetic and creative
- Subscribed to and aligned with the vision, beliefs and mission of PCEPC and EPC Peters Creek Evangelical Presbyterian Church | Who We Are and What We (peterscreekchurch.org)
- Have or able to obtain the necessary state and federal clearances Keep Kids Safe (pa.gov)
- Excellent verbal, written and computer related skills
- CPR/First Aid trained or willing to obtain training/certification
- Bachelor of Arts or Associate degree preferably in a related field (e.g., early childhood education, child development, Christian Ministry or Bible studies, etc.)
- Relevant experience (e.g., children’s and family ministry programs, pre-school or elementary education)
Accountability & Evaluation:
- Reports to the Senior Minister. Annual Review
- This position is part time salaried position requiring 20-25 hours per week to include working evenings and weekends.
- Two weeks’ vacation as outlined in the PCEPC Policy Handbook